Friday, July 10, 2009

The Return of the Monsoon

The day dawned, another day in my retired life. I opened the balcony door and looked outside. The nature was still sleepy. The sky was filled with moderately black clouds. I dressed up to move out for my usual morning walk.

Suddenly, it started to drizzle. Soon, it turned into a heavy downpour. I was thrilled. I stepped out to the balcony. The cool raindrops caressed my face. The tree branches swayed, the leaves dancing to the tune of the falling rain. Clouds were busy moving and some of them deposited themselves at the horizon. The sun hid behind the clouds feeling happy for an unexpected holiday the clouds brought along.

The melody of the rain, mixed with the noises of the surroundings, infused a new vigour in me. I looked at the moving clouds. While moving, the clouds drew some figures on the white canvas of the sky. A bald head emerged with raised hands. The downpour became heavier and I became again a child, the grandson of my grandfather.

The monsoon had returned.

Life starts at 67 and I love it……..


Its Impossible - Perry Como

No comments: